The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! Empty
PostSubject: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 7:39 pm

This is probably the strangest thing one would expect on any forum, let alone a forum where there are very strong and opposing opinions such as this, but let's give it a try.

In this section, posters are invited to tell other posters of opposing opinions what they respect about them, despite their differences, and despite anything which either poster has said in other sections.

Hopefully this will be a good opportunity to settle differences, and create a better environment for future discussions between posters who strongly disagree with each other.
Back to top Go down
https://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
marley

marley

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:03 pm

As the first poster here and a smoker I am obviously going to be seen as the trouble maker but I challenge any anti to take me on IF they can prove that they are less selfish than I am. I Love the pub. I love the atmosphere. I love the danger and uncertanty. I love the pub more than anything else as a place to escape the rigours of life. Only my children take presidence over the pub.
I used to be a pubbite, 7 days a week, £120 a week minimum, my local loved my money. 50 folks like me meant good wages. Now £30 a week if they are lucky off me and a lot of my friends are the same. ie. less hospitality = less money :- Pubs closing, bar staff no jobs, ancilliary staff no work, vat minimal, tax minimal, profit minimal.
I know very few non smokers that spend £120 quid a week in pubs ( most of them spend a tenner on a good night out) so come on you antis tell me how much you spend and how much you want your local pub to survive because personally I don't think you give a shit, personally I think you are so selfish that you would rather the pub close than let it survive with real pubgoers in it. Smokers are the life of real pubs and non smoker/non drinkers should stay away.
No children, no puritans, just people who like the pub environment and the dangers that it holds, and more importantly NO antismokers, antigamblers or antisocials.

Last edited by marley on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:07 pm

Marley, there is a section here called GET IN THE RING! If you would like to challenge anybody who has opposing views to your own, you can do so there, rather than here. You can challenge an individual, or you can offer an open challenge and wait for someone to accept it.

To all posters : Please do not use this section for anything other than reaching out to those who disagree with you.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
marley

marley

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:21 pm

Mod, this is the love zone - my love is the pub and smoking. I have no desire to challenge any one individual. my challenge is for antis to challenge me, I think this post is in exactly the right place. I will honour your decision to move or delete this post if you wish. I will happily love anyone who chooses to agree with my views.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Marley, there's no need for your post to be removed. If anything, your post and my response serve as reminders to other posters as to what this section is about. It is for posters to focus on similarities rather than differences, and if possible, to come to some sort of understanding. By posting in the GET IN THE RING! section, you can call on those that would disagree with your views to challenge you. If you wish, of course.
Back to top Go down
marley

marley

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Then with respect, I would expect that someone may want to invite me to get in the ring with them. Of course if they want to feel the love of smoking I will welcome them to this thread wholeheartedly.
Back to top Go down
Pipe smoker

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:54 am

Although, as can be seen from my username, I am a lifelong smoker, I quite understand why some people would wish to have their tipple in a smoke dree atmosphere. Fair enough Smile . ON the other hand I prefer to be able to puff my pipe when having a good conversation in my local.
The answer seems, to my simple mind, is to have non-smoking premises AND smoking ones. Then the choice is real and fair to both parties.
I think this was tried by a few pubs before the ban, but either they went bust or reverted to allowing smoking.
I used to visit my local several times a week, as well as calling into other ones regularly, but since the ban I visit my local once a week and have not called into any other ones. It helps my finances, but Lord help the prro landlord.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!   What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's all this about a love zone? - Please Read!
Page 1 of 1