The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why not just be honest?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smokefreeatlast

Why not just be honest? Empty
PostSubject: Why not just be honest?   Why not just be honest? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Here's how I feel about smoking and smokers.

Smokers are all (yes, all) selfish. No exceptions. There is not one smoker who is considerate in any way whatsoever. Never has been, never will be.

I've always felt that there is something quite evil about a smoker.

I've got to be honest, I do think they are second class citizens (in fact much, much worse), and they should be ridiculed, humiliated, and treated differently from everyone else. They don't understand respect, so they should get none.

Smokers should be segregated from society entirely, if possible.

Smokers should be used to test out potentially dangerous products.

Relatives and friends of smokers have a duty to dissassociate from them, otherwise they are just as bad.

People who show any sympathy to a smoker ought to be considered just as bad as a smoker.

If people were respectful of others we would have a better world. With smokers this is almost impossible.

This is why I dedicate myself to hunting down any vile smoker who steps out of line. Smoking is not a right, and life is a privilege. Use it or lose it.

And I just don't see why all non smokers can't just be honest about what they think. Every non smoker knows that they feel the same, and trying to be diplomatic is a valuable waste of time that could be spent on more effective solutions that can finally solve our problem.
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Why not just be honest?   Why not just be honest? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:07 am

Actually although I agree totally with hunting down smokers who step out of line, I also believe that there is a very very small minority of them who are considerate, even ashamed of their disgusting addiction, and they should be helped to quit and shown some compassion if they are willing to change.
A lot of smokers regret taking up the habit when they were young and impressionable, I actually feel sorry for a lot of them, and would not wish harm on them if they don't harm me or other non-smokers.

As for Smoochie, lock up and throw away the key, he is a public menace, and as you can see even threatened me with something that could be deadly to me (smoking in my face)!
Back to top Go down
satin88

PostSubject: Re: Why not just be honest?   Why not just be honest? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:01 pm

I can't believe what I'm hearing. I'm in favour of a smoking ban but the thread starter does not represent me. "trying to be diplomatic is a valuable waste of time that could be spent on more effective solutions that can finally solve our problem". Either this person is on a wind up or they've been reading Mein Kampf with glee. I've read this type of rhetoric on other forums and it's worrying how this this thinking has become as common as it has since 2007, as if we don't all have smokers as friends or relatives. Equally worrying is how other people just stand by like wimps and accept this crap as normal, without saying a damn word about it. What a disgrace. Hunting down smokers, testing products on them, segregated from society, hello??? Can anyone spell N.A.Z.I.?
Back to top Go down
marley

marley

PostSubject: Re: Why not just be honest?   Why not just be honest? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 am

satin88 wrote:
I can't believe what I'm hearing. I'm in favour of a smoking ban but the thread starter does not represent me. "trying to be diplomatic is a valuable waste of time that could be spent on more effective solutions that can finally solve our problem". Either this person is on a wind up or they've been reading Mein Kampf with glee. I've read this type of rhetoric on other forums and it's worrying how this this thinking has become as common as it has since 2007, as if we don't all have smokers as friends or relatives. Equally worrying is how other people just stand by like wimps and accept this crap as normal, without saying a damn word about it. What a disgrace. Hunting down smokers, testing products on them, segregated from society, hello??? Can anyone spell N.A.Z.I.?

Satin88. as this topic is about being honest, now is the time for you and the millions like you to be honest and see how the anti brigade is even more selfish than they claim smokers to be. They have shown the contempt they feel for everyone who does something they don't like. Wind up merchants - yes, Nazis - yes, humanity - no, intelligence - definitley - no. These inadequate morons will turn on each other soon enough and their game will be at an end. BTW are you also in favour of a drinking ban or fat ban as well?
Back to top Go down
smokefreeatlast

PostSubject: Re: Why not just be honest?   Why not just be honest? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:15 am

Rubbish.

I support the smoking ban for the following reasons and much more :

It creates pub closures, as we're seeing which prevents people from gathering together to criticize their government. and it creates good reasons to introduce further measures to restict behaviour, including in the home.

The fact is that human being need to be governed, and told what to do. Without this, society would crumble. You need leaders, and sometimes lies have to be told to maintain the status quo. That's not the problem, though, that part is easy. Humanity can be controlled with few problems, as long as it's done step by step, with justifications. Humanity responds very well to this.

What gets me is the way that rather a lot of "antis" try to pretend to be something that they are not. We all want the same thing, which is control at any cost, but it's not going to happen if you waste time putting on a mask.

And that's something for you other "antis" to think about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why not just be honest?   Why not just be honest? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why not just be honest?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UK Smoking Ban :: Groups :: Smoking Ban Supporters Zone-
Jump to: