The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilachamster

Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars Empty
PostSubject: Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars   Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 3:41 pm

This was covered on Channel 4 a few weeks ago, a campaign to get smoking in cars banned when children are in the car,

http://battlefront.co.uk/campaign/you-smoke-i-choke/
Back to top Go down
Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars   Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 1:07 pm

yet more property rights losses. Opening the window or use of ventilation should do the job.

Totally unenforcable as well: http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/police-wont-enforce-smoke-laws-20081126-6ijn.html
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars   Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 3:43 pm

When I was 7 months pregnant I collapsed with breathing trouble from smoke in a taxi, it only took a small amount, you have no idea of how concentrated smoke can be in a car. I did not stay there obviously I got straight out but it was enough to hospitalise me overnight, you have no clue
Back to top Go down
s.sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars   Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:43 pm

If you had collapsed in the taxi, how did you 'get straight' out.
What was the diagnosis for keeping you in hospital overnight.
Did the hospital doctors say that it was the smoke from a cigarette that made you collapse.
Did you sue the taxi driver if you had proof that a cigarette caused your collapse.
Could you breathe o.k. once you were out of the taxi and amongst all the toxic diesel fumes.
What proof do you have that it was cigarette smoke that made you collapse.
Did you meter the surrounding air for any toxic substance.
Why do you use lies to try to prove a point. You know that each time you say that you hate smokers (and that a small puff of smoke makes you ill) and that you would rather smokers die than come in contact with you, it is your Mother that you hate and wish dead. You are substituting your hatred of smokers for your hatred of your Mother, that you do not like admitting to. Why do you not get help ??
Back to the topic !!
Keep kids (and pregnant women) out of cars. Walking will be good for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars   Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Campaign to protect children from smoke in cars
Page 1 of 1