The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About This Forum

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

About This Forum Empty
PostSubject: About This Forum   About This Forum I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 11:34 am

I started this forum in an attempt to create an environment where the UK smoking ban of 1st July 2007 (The Health Act 2006) can be discussed, in detail, by all sides of the argument. It is a topic that I find very intriguing, as well as the arguments for and against it, both of which make good subjects for study. The only other places for discussion which I have come across are either on websites that are deeply biased (usually against the law, but not always) or on general forums where the topic has been raised but which does not tackle the subject in depth.

Most of what I have come across has been either mutual backslapping with very little balanced discussion, or, alternatively, threads which individuals have started on various general websites which almost always descend into chaos, and which often appear to be unmoderated.

This forum is not pro smoking, anti smoking, pro ban or anti ban, it is a place for all opinions to be made known and for discussion to take place. I am not interested in offering personal opinions and the moderators are instructed to refrain from doing so too, and also I am not interested in promoting any particular opinion. To put it in clear terms : I don't care what you think, you are welcome to debate the subject.

In this forum, moderators not only moderate as in any other forum, they also play the role of referee in discussions, and on occasion, devil's advocate, in order to stimulate lively debate.

From time to time the administration or a moderator will post an overview / assessment of the discussion within a particular thread up to that point. The admin or moderator will attempt to be fair and unbiased, and of course it will merely be the opinion of that person, and not to be taken as gospel (we're not gods), but an attempt will be made to take a dispassionate step back and sum up, and then of course the discussion can continue.

Welcome, and enjoy the discussion.

PLEASE TAKE NOTE :

- Posters may not post email addresses or other personal contact details of other posters on any thread.

- It is the responsibility of posters who see their personal contact details posted to inform me of this.
Back to top Go down
https://uksmokingban.forumotion.com

About This Forum
Page 1 of 1