The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Are Smokers Being Persecuted?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Are Smokers Being Persecuted? Empty
PostSubject: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 5:33 pm

With all the recent laws having been put in place in relation to smokers and smoking, is it correct or fair to say that smokers are being persecuted in various ways, or are these reasonable, necessary and realistic measures to deal with smoking related issues?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
marley

marley

PostSubject: Re: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 5:15 am

If animals were treated as badly as smokers there would be a public outcry but wait for the government to come after the drinkers, the fatties, the skinnies, the motorist (again), the veggies and the fair minded, then and only then will this bigotry stop.
To be fair, I have only met one anti smoker who admitted she was and swiftly shot down every argument she made, publicly to the point that she fled the pub in tears, with laughter ringing in her ears. I have never seen her since, 12 months or so ago. You see most of these new believers are actually so bereft of fact that merely spouting nonsense is no defence against truth. With luck my pet anti will either have found someone else to annoy, or better still started smoking so that she has some idea of how much fun it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:51 pm

You mean that an anti (spit) was "debating" with normal, regular folk in a pub, and ended up crying because of the overwhelming guilt of being an idiot?

Im really starting to think that many many online antis are actually the type of people who if you met them in real life and had a dicsussion with them, theyd agree with a lot of what one tells them.

Its a well known fact (we all know this) that online, a strange psychological thing happens. Disagreements turn into massive wars, when in real life they would not.

Antis (not all of you, but many) : I know that in reality, you do actually in fact doubt the "rightness" of this ban. I know that you do in fact understand all the arguments against it and to some extent, agree with them. Porkie pies (yours, of course) aside, you do know know that you are only letting the debates descend into silliness (your silliness, of course) because things can get very heated when you know (deep down, and i know that youll never admit it) that you are so very wrong, in in such a minority.

So antis, take a deep breath and relax. Let the honesty flow forth. Come on, dont spoil it, keep breathing.

Repeat these words until it feels good : "I am willing to admit that i am wrong".

Hey, you never know, some of us might start treating you with the respect that you deserve. Dont take it personally, its not you, i know youre a good person, anti. Youre just awully silly.

Ban opposers : Lets go easy on them. They feel stupid and we're not making it any easier for them.

This post was brought to you by leafar (and the letter B, and the letter H) : "Cutting through the crap since 2007".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baumgardner 

PostSubject: Re: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 5:01 am

hi;

i have to say good to share the laws of smoking here which is good to see for me and others also cheers!!

thanks!!

Top sites marijuana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
villeny

PostSubject: Re: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:42 pm

nice topic for an interesting conversation...thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.cheapsmokingcigars.com
SeanBen

PostSubject: Re: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:52 am

Yes it is very much realistic from the smokers point of view and it is must to do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.atmosrx.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Smokers Being Persecuted?   Are Smokers Being Persecuted? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Smokers Being Persecuted?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UK Smoking Ban :: Smoking Ban & Smoking Related Issues :: Other Smoking Related Laws-
Jump to: