The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Smoking is GOOD for you!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hedgewitch

Smoking is GOOD for you! Empty
PostSubject: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm sick and bloody tired of the same old 'we all know smoking is bad for us' mantra.
Do we, indeed?
My opinion - the result of trawling through far too many scientific e-journals and sheer, first-hand experience - is that smoking in moderation, like drinking alcohol in moderation, is a damn good thing. It isn't just great for oiling the party wheels (which they both do); it isn't just great at relieving stress (which ditto). People who don't understand tobacco or its role within society tend to focus on its ability to provide some kind of solace or relief to the smoker during episodes of stress. Why something that provides solace or relief for stress should be considered 'a bad thing' is beyond me. You would have thought anything that can make death by firing squad seem at least bearable would be considered a good thing. Isn't stress supposed to bad for us?
Apart from that, what they also fail to understand is tobacco's other great role, which is that of extending happiness.
Perhaps the best example of this comes from a time when the community wasn't so sharply delineated between smokers and non-smokers. Whether he smoked or not, dad traditionally celebrated each new arrival with a cigar. Or how about: 'A drink before and a smoke after'. You can fill in your own event. In either case, tobacco is used to perpetuate a sense of well-being.
So.... (quite apart from some well-documented, scientific evidence that tobacco has measurable, physical benefits) all those moments of acute stress alleviated by tobacco, and all those happy moments, magnified by tobacco add together to make a lot of stress-free living!

Smoke and be happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smokefreeatlast

PostSubject: Re: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:55 pm

You're right, smoking can actually have benefits. However, and I've said this before, humanity needs to be controlled, and I'm sure the other "antis" here will agree with me when I say that the truth needs bending in order to achieve that. I'm fully behind all smoking bans and I don't care what methods we use.

Too bad (for you), times are changing. I only wish the other "antis" would stop being so nice about it, and just say what they mean as I do.
Back to top Go down
hedgewitch

PostSubject: Re: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:12 pm

You're straying way off topic, smokefreeatlastIknowwhoyouare.
This is about smoking being good for you, not about mass control.
Try the libertarian blogs.
Back to top Go down
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:20 pm

I think someones having a personality disorder. Smokefreeatlast? Are you kidding me? You think its not obvious who you really are? Are things so bad in the anti camp that you have to pretend to be more than one person? What a hoot.
Back to top Go down
hedgewitch

PostSubject: Re: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:22 pm

Smokefreeatlast you ARE lilachamster and I claim my £10!
Back to top Go down
gooly

PostSubject: re:hedgewitch   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:31 am

Hi hedgewitch,
I thing Smoking is not good habit. Smoking has always been one of those subjects that is rarely talked about. Smoking is a habit forming way for people to relieve stress and enjoy a little part of life. The problem is a lot of people find it annoying when people light up a cigarette for a smoke. Smoking is always not bad. Smoking forgets all that and provides a no migraine mind. It sometimes is able to help calm people down after having a stressful time at work, home, or whatever. It allows them to sit back, relax, and just take a small break from life.

Take care!
gooly.
nose job
Back to top Go down
SeanBen

PostSubject: Re: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 am

Smoking can never be good for anyone. Its a bad and killing habit which everyone should give up or try for something better than it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atmosrx.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoking is GOOD for you!   Smoking is GOOD for you! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smoking is GOOD for you!
Page 1 of 1