The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Is the smoking ban popular?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Is the smoking ban popular? Empty
PostSubject: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 12:28 pm

How well has it gone down with most people? Is it loved or hated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
BarneyBear

PostSubject: The Smoking Ban is Hated & Despised   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 6:37 am

The Smoking Ban is Hated & Despised!!! Exclamation Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marley

marley

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:54 am

Almost as much as the people who instigated it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:46 pm

The smoking ban is loved and celebrated!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 6:56 pm

Saying that doesnt change the fact that there are so many forums set up against the ban.

It also doesnt change the fact that 2,500 pubs have closed since the ban.

There is plenty of evidence that proves that this ban is very unpopular with a hell of a lot of people, and its easy to say that its loved, but proving it, well thats something else, isnt it?

Can you show that the smoking ban is loved and celebrated?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cunt

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:12 am

HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAPPY NOW YOU PO FACED ANTI SMOKING ENEMY OF FREEDOM CUNTS, NOW ALL THE PUBS HAVE SHUT.

lol!

Fuck you all, hope you get arse cancer and shit into a bag for the rest of your miserable lives.

*Goes for a smoke*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:50 am

LOL, way to go to exaggerate! ALL the pubs are shut are they? How come there are still so many open, did they all shut then reopen the next day, hmm, yes that would be it..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:13 am

Lilachamster............

GET IN THE RING!

I challenge you to a one on one debate. Get your scrawny rabid anti ass down to the Get in the ring section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Sticks out tongue at Leafar, what is the point of getting in the ring tongue ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 4:47 pm

For everyone :

The GET IN THE RING! section is for posters who wish to challenge each other to a personal debate among themselves. The details are in my thread in that section.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:40 am

The mainstream media is finally admitting now that around 39 pubs a week are closing. We knew that this was happening but oh how the antis laughed.

Obviously there has to be a reason or reasons for this.

The weather is not a reason, cheap superarket booze isnt a reason, and the manufactured credit crunch isnt a reason. Why? Becase people have always gone to pubs, no matter what the weather, the price, or their financial situation.

So, what could it possibly be? Could it be that one of the very things which many many pubgoers (some sources say as high as 68%) like to do in pubs is now banned? Could that be it?

Is it inconceivable that it could have just the tiniest, teeniest thing to do with it?

One would have to be extremely ignorant or desperate to defend the smoking ban (despite the facts of its effects) to say that it doesnt.

Its one thing to agree with the smoking ban, quite another to refuse to acknowledge its effects.

If you agree with the ban go ahead and say so, but dont pretend that it isnt having any negative effect. That just stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 6:39 am

I consider it a positive effect if it means the rougher pubs shut down leaving the nicer ones open, which I suspect is what happens, so no I do not accept it as necessarily a negative. If there is less demand for those pubs, maybe there is also less drunkenness, although I am not a teetotaller I think this is a good thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 7:34 am

So do you acknowledge that 39 pubs are closing every week, mainly due to the smoking ban, therefore proving that it is not popular?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 am

Nope it just proves a lot of people are going less to pubs, it does not have to be anything to do with the ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soapy

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Lilachamster wrote:
I consider it a positive effect if it means the rougher pubs shut down leaving the nicer ones open, which I suspect is what happens, so no I do not accept it as necessarily a negative. If there is less demand for those pubs, maybe there is also less drunkenness, although I am not a teetotaller I think this is a good thing

Just like the bombs of the blitz, recession and poor legislation do not discriminate between well and badly run pubs. It does not care if the landlord is good bad or indifferent.

Is it such a good thing when you 100,000 people lose their livlihoods? watch their children suffer as the dole bites deeper into their lifestyle. could anyone honestly stand there with pride and say a job well done?

I could not not and that is the difference between a humanitarian and a bitter twisted apology for a human being.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lenise

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 9:07 am

Of course it's not popular.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the smoking ban popular?   Is the smoking ban popular? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the smoking ban popular?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UK Smoking Ban :: Smoking Ban & Smoking Related Issues :: Public Reaction & Opinion-
Jump to: