The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What does freedom mean?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
leafar

What does freedom mean? Empty
PostSubject: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 8:35 am

Freedom doesnt mean having it all ones own way. Antis believe that it does. Specifically, they think that it means them having it all their way.

Freedom doesnt mean approving of what others use their freedom of choice to do. Antis believe that everyone must be like them.

I challenge any snivelling, slimy, greasy rabid anti to post the dictionary definition of freedom, so we can take a closer look at it, and prove that what antis refer to as freedom is not freedom at all.

This debate will of course have to also go into the realm of compromise.

Over to you, antis.
Back to top Go down
smochiewoochie

PostSubject: re   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Too me i cant tell you what freedom is but i can tell you what i believe is not freedom. I believe the following things are not freedom : subjecting a person to a life time of religious persecution and then stripping him of his basic rights as a human , taking away his right to life which is supposed to be protected by law and making them work for the rest of their days with barley enough money to live
because the man fines us and taxes us more then necessary. If you do that to a person and their family it causes problems at home , partners fighting with each other over money worry's the kids then pick up on this and become unhappy and scared and then they learn to take it out on the other kids at school by bullying.

That to me is not freedom it is just existing in a unhappy environment where your human rights have go out of the windows.

People should have freedom and use the freedom as they please just as long as it does not infringe upon the human rights of other people.

i have a kind of negative out look on this world because of the way things are in the world. The only freedom i think we have is in our homes and even then they try and take that away from us.

One day i will experience freedom but until then i have to fight for it. I will never stop fighting. I am neither a anti or a pro on any kind of bans
what i am against is one government who strips us of our rights and acts criminally and thinks that they will get away with it and they will unless the people stand up too them.

My whole life i have had my freedom taken away and treated badly by a system that should be here to help the people and one day i realized that what was going on and happening is not right. I learned the law of human rights and i have used it in court too have a case thrown out. It takes a lot of strength mentally too fight for ones freedom there will always be people who tell you to give up or that your wrong i found out the hard way and those same people turned around to me and said how wrong they where for telling me to give in and accept what ever the government throw at me and those same people said too me what would have happened if i had listened to them i would have lost my case in court and be a lot worse off.

Many people will give in and give up when they get taken too court they get walked all over and blackmailed and intimidated in to doing what the government and those acting within want.

As long as i shall live i will never give up the fight for freedom not just for myself but for other people and for my children and my childrens children because the way our country is ,it is not life to bring up a child no child should have to grow up and live with and put up with what we have too.

I ask myself often where is our freedom.
Back to top Go down
smochiewoochie

PostSubject: Re: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 1:46 pm

leafar wrote:
Freedom doesnt mean having it all ones own way. Antis believe that it does. Specifically, they think that it means them having it all their way.

Freedom doesnt mean approving of what others use their freedom of choice to do. Antis believe that everyone must be like them.

I challenge any snivelling, slimy, greasy rabid anti to post the dictionary definition of freedom, so we can take a closer look at it, and prove that what antis refer to as freedom is not freedom at all.

This debate will of course have to also go into the realm of compromise.

Over to you, antis.

Whoops im not a anti lol! affraid
Back to top Go down
leafar

PostSubject: Re: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Antis, lets hear your definition of freedom and compromise, if you dare to give them. Dont merely talk about your freedom, thats cheating. Talk about overall freedom, and real compromise. Talk about my freedom as well as yours.

Antis always become very uncomfortable when asked this. The silence is deafening.
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:04 pm

You still have the freedom to smoke in many places, eg your own home, your car if you have one, and almost any place outside. This I feel is enough freedom and compromise to allow, given that your smoke is harmful to others who might not choose to breathe it. If smoking was about to be made illegal completely, I could understand you addicts getting your knickers in a twist as it would be difficult for you to be forced to give up or be criminals like many other dangerous drug users.
I think the ban is allowing more than enough compromise, you even get to surround the front of pubs in a cloud of smoke, which we still have to tolerate on the way in!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Lilachamster, the subject of this particular thread is the definition of freedom. It is clearly very specific. Please stay on topic.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
villeny

PostSubject: Re: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 am

For me it's difficult to explain what I understand under the word "freedom". I believe that man is free when it does not depend on other people's opinions, on the material things, on the job, I mean if you have enough time to deal with family, and other matters on which is needed to find time every day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cheapsmokingcigars.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does freedom mean?   What does freedom mean? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does freedom mean?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UK Smoking Ban :: Smoking Ban & Smoking Related Issues :: Freedom, Choice, Rights-
Jump to: