The UK Smoking Ban
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilachamster

Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker Empty
PostSubject: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 8:56 am

Has anyone here who supports the ban caused a successful prosecution against someone for smoking in a public no smoking vehicle or building? If so I would be interested as I am trying to ensure one actually happens. Let me know if you have any experiences of this, thanks.

My best result was getting a smoking taxi driver actually fired when he made me ill (I was 7 months pregnant at the time).
Back to top Go down
pricilla

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:12 am

Lilac Hams at it again!!!! Her vile intolerance of fellow humans is dreadful!
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 9:54 am

Get the hell off this thread! Are you terminally STUPID as well as terminally lung damaged? This is the ban SUPPORTERS zone, or better still go off to the desert and smoke yourself to death where no-one else is bothered by you.
My intolerance is of behaviour that makes me ill and has ended me up in hospital with breathing difficulties so I reserve the right to report them when they break the law. If someone is a smoker but not doing it near me I am perfectly decent to them (even though they actually often stink like stale piss).
Back to top Go down
pricilla

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 5:35 am

Oh Lilac, why the temper.? For your information I do not smell of stale piss. You have got the smoking ban so why are you still going on and on about this? I realise that you hate smoking but you are so angry and as you know, that is not good for your health at all! Surely you should have moved somewhere where you don't have to go near other people and you should certainly be keeping away from anything that's pumping diesal fumes into your lungs! Personally people with vile attutudes like yours make me ill! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 am

Tell the coach driver who made me ill only 12 days ago that there is a smoking ban then! Yes, we have the ban but I am not happy when it is not enforced and it affects my health. You go on that I have the ban, but I guess you are happy when I am made ill by a nasty law-breaker.
Back to top Go down
leafar

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 22, 2009 8:42 pm

Two things, lilachamster. Firstly, you are very selective about which lawbreakers you tell on, namely only those that personally affect you (would you like me to quote you?), and secondly, it really does sound to me like you need sympathy, and i do feel for you. But you must understand that you are in a tiny minority of people who are that sensitive to smoke, and that you cant go on a crusade to get smokers to cater to you. Other people have to live their lives as they wish too, and youd be better off negotiating with smokers (in a friendly way) rather than making enemies and alienating yourself from people who arent actually evil. They just smoke, thats all. We inhale cigarettes, and then we breathe out the smoke, and we enjoy it. We're not rtying to kill you. Why dont you try to see how negotiable we can be? You might be quite surprised. If you think im being considerate with the things that im saying, youd be mad to assume that im an exception.

Youd also be surprised to find that most smokers can see your problem, and would be more than happy to lend an ear.

If only youd give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 7:31 pm

Leafar, please do not post in this section. If you wish to debate with lilachamster please do so elsewhere.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:17 am

Admin, why is it more of a problem to you when Leafar posts here than when Pricilla does it? She is being far more rude and offensive than Leafar, and you don't even tell her off.
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:39 am

Actually smokers do not know when they stink!
They can deny it all they like, but some, especially heavy smokers really do stink.
I was on the bus the other day chatting in a perfectly friendly way with a friend of a friend, he absolutely reeked of it and according to my friend who is homeless and being put up by this smoking man, he is a very heavy smoker (my friend who is a non-smoker has to put up with it but he told me he opens the windows a lot and tries to keep away from it as well as he can!). I was having to keep turning my head away from this guy because the tobacco smoke smell on him was making me gag! I was polite but always glad to get away when this happens.
Back to top Go down
s.sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Oh dear, here we go again !!

Les, you have a vile disposition.
Why did you not 'put up' this so called homeless person ? Perhaps that person stinks as well ? Or do you leave all the acts of charity to 'filthy' smokers. What a kind person this smoker must be to offer a homeless person lodgings. Shame you didn't.
Oh by the way are you saying that you travel on 'filthy' buses ? Cancer causing diesel fumes belching out into my lungs. The smell of it makes me ill !!

You selfish antis make me so sick.
Back to top Go down
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 1:17 pm

As our ineffectual Admin will probably tell you, please do not post here s.sleuth, as you are not a smoking ban supporter.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Lilachamster :

As I have explained to you on another thread, if you have an issue, tell me privately, not on the forum. Your comments are as disruptive as those of posters who should not post in this section. Please check the "Reporting pubs that break the law" to see my comment.

This will not be discussed further on the forum.

Back to top Go down
https://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker   Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting a successful prosecution and fine against a smoker
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The UK Smoking Ban :: Groups :: Smoking Ban Supporters Zone-
Jump to: