The UK Smoking Ban

Here is a chance for people of all shades of opinion to discuss the rights and wrongs of the UK smoking ban.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Polls / Public opinion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Polls / Public opinion   Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:53 pm

Is there any documented evidence to show that the UK smoking ban is popular? Is there evidence that it is not popular?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://uksmokingban.forumotion.com
soapy

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:23 pm

There have been a series polls in local newspapers regarding the smoking ban, despite the governments claim that there is widespread support for the ban opposition to the ban in these polls has rarely been below 70% against the ban.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:33 pm

Soapy, can you actually provide any evidence?
Back to top Go down
soapy

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:57 pm

The information can be found at http://www.freedom2choose.info/ on their forum under news and polls where a number of poll figures can be accessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lilachamster

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Ah yes F2C, a most unbiased source with no agenda of its own - NOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBigYin

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:04 pm

Lilachamster wrote:
Ah yes F2C, a most unbiased source with no agenda of its own - NOT

Yes miss rodent, to find the truth behind the lies, and we've found them, big style.

TBY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:07 pm

Easy there, TheBigYin, let's keep this civilized. Unless it is meant in jest.
Back to top Go down
marley

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Actually Lilachamster, I been for a stroll around F2C a few times and what I have seen is biased only towards the truth and exposing those corrupt money grabbers from ash etc. Their members do not seem to be pushing smoking onto anyone, indeed a good number of them claim to be non smokers.
They seem quite adept at flushing out the misinformation and seem only to be advocating a system of choice, mainly by the people who run their licenced businesses. I feel sure that if those said businesses were to ban their customers from smoking out of choice rather than out of fear of the law, then F2C would respect that view and become a redundant organisation. I myself would not spend my money in a non smoking licensed establishment given some fair choice, in fact it is millions of people like me who have withdrawn their support of pubs that is causing the pubs to close. Obviously hospitality ceases when the biggest group are thrown outside. I think a genuine poll of ex pubgoers would reflect my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
s.sleuth

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Problem with taking a poll of the pub goers is that there would be one interested group that will be missing...The smokers.
Any pub would half empty pubs with miserable people in them, with a few diehards outside smoking. I don't know where the millions of non smokers are since the ban. They most certainly did not go rushing out to the pubs. On the other hand millions of smokers did stay away and continue to stay away.
Due to anti smoking actions the non smokers will soon not have the pubs to go to.

Well done !!!!!
I personally know nobody that smokes who goes to a pub now.
So how could a poll be taken ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polls / Public opinion   

Back to top Go down

Polls / Public opinion
Page 1 of 1